STAS Trailers Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
STAS Trailers Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Stas Trailers Limited, Unit 8 Laneside, Altham Ind Est, Altham, Lancashire BB5 5TU.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
2. What is a cookie?
A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, a web cookie or a browser cookie, is usually a small text file sent from a website and saved in the web browser or on the user’s appliance while a user is surfing a website or using a mobile application. When the user goes to the same website in the future, the data saved in the cookie can be collected by the website to inform the website of the user’s previous activity. Cookies were designed as a reliable mechanism for websites to remember the status of the website or the past activity of the user. They help us to optimise your visit to the Website, to remember technical choices (for example language choice, a newsletter, etc.) and to display more relevant services and offers. If you want to visit the Website, Stastrailers advises you to allow the cookies. But if you prefer not to do this you are always free to refuse them.
Cookies can remember: clicks on certain buttons, logging in or a recording of the pages visited by the user, and this even months or years ago. Although cookies cannot contain viruses and cannot install malware on the guest computer, tracking cookies and particularly third-party tracking cookies are often used as ways to compile long-term data on a browser history of individuals – a big privacy concern that was a cause for European and American lawmakers to take action in 2011. This cookie statement is in accordance with current Belgian law (Law of 10/07/2012 for the establishment of provisions concerning electronic communication, Belgian Official Journal 20/9/2012).
This Website uses different types of cookies:
• The strictly necessary cookies: As the name implies, these cookies are strictly necessary to enable you to surf the Website or use the Platform or certain functions which you have requested.
• Cookies for functionality: These cookies improve the functionality of the Website by saving your preferences.
• Tracking cookies: These cookies last longer than user sessions. When the Max-Age of a permanent cookie is set to one year, in that year the initial value included in the cookie will be sent back to the server each time the user visits the server. This is done to save essential information such as how the user first arrived on the Website. This is why they are also called tracking cookies. For example, when you have selected your required language, the Website will save your preference as a permanent cookie in your browser. When you visit the Website again, the Website will use the permanent cookie to ensure that the content is supplied in the language you selected.
• Third party cookies: To support its communication Stastrailers has put its content on social media channels such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, while Stastrailers also makes use of the sharing possibilities on social networks. The channels that Stastrailers uses can contain cookies from these websites and Stastrailers has no control over them. You must see the relevant websites of these third parties for more information about these cookies.
3. List of cookies the Website uses
The table below shows a summary of the cookies that Stastrailers may use and what data they save.
Google Analytics cookies
We use Google Analytics cookies to collect data about your sessions on our website. For more information about how these cookies work, please see Google’s cookie & privacy statement.
Other website cookies
- CakeCookie [visited_pages]: This cookie remembers which pages were visited on the website. Duration: This no longer works when the page session ends (when closing the website).
- DASSHOP: This cookie remembers session data such as IP address and browser details. Duration: It stops working after three hours without the session being restarted.
4. Blocking cookies
A number of options are available to stop cookies from being saved. Please see the websites of the different browsers to learn how to block the saving of cookies. It is good to realise that when you decide to delete all your cookies you will very probably have to enter all your user names and passwords on all websites you visit again, while before you did not have to do this. As already mentioned, cookies can be a real benefit for your surfing experience on the web. If you would like to know more about cookies, please see the www.allaboutcookies.org website. This website provides more information about cookies, it explains in detail how you can remove the cookies you encounter, and it shows how you can allow trusted websites to save cookies on your computer.
5. Stastrailers contact details
Flanders Fieldweg 45, 8790 Waregem